What means sustainability?Sustainability means meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs
How do we achieve it ?
- Being a social and environmentally responsible brand and working hard to reduce the carbon footprint of our products. Using certified organic renewable materials and manufacturing in proximity
- Working hard to proof that manufacturing locally and on a small scale at competitive prices is possible.
- Building up honest and close commercial relations with our suppliers and customers, based not only on economics but on social and environmental criteria as well
Ecological Materials and Finishes
- All the wood we use, both laminated and solid, comes from responsibly managed and certified European forests (FSC, PEFC and/or EUTR).
- The fabrics we use is GOTS certified 100% organic cotton.
- All our finishes are environmentally friendly and comply with the UNE-EN71 European standard about “Toy Safety
With each product ChinPum helps to repopulate forestsOur toys are sustainable, so we follow the philosophy of: ONE TOY, ONE TREE!
ChinPum collaborates to stop the destruction of our forests by planting one tree for each product you buy. For this, we have joined One Tree Planted, a young and active non-profit organization that carries out a great reforestation work worldwide, wherever it is needed.
Forests are more than a beautiful place to wander. They are complex ecosystems and shelter a great diversity of animal and vegetal species and are fundamental actors in the cycles of carbon and water, and ultimately in the cycle of life. That is why the disappearance or simply degradation of forests triggers changes that seriously damage local and global life.
WHY DO WE DO IT?
EVERY 2 SECONDS
Man destroys an area of forest the size of a football field
20% OF CURRENT GREENHOUSE GAS
Tropical forest destruction accounts for about 20 percent of current greenhouse gas emissions
4 OUT OF 10 TREES
Get chopped down and are processed into pulp for making paper products such as tissue paper, toothpaste, magazines and more… .
Natural remedies in the rainforest can be used as medicines
Of forests are properly protected
Of the world’s forests are already destroyed
Of the world’s plants and animals live in forests and are losing their habitats to deforestation. Loss of habitat can lead to species extinction. This is not only a biodiversity tragedy but also has negative consequences for medicinal research and local populations who rely on the animals and plants in the forests for hunting and medicine.
Of all plant and animal species in the world live in tropical rainforests
Species are expected to become extinct by the next 25 years due to deforestation
Of all greenhouse gas emissions are the result of deforestation